June 15, 2018

Pigs in the Garden

Pigs in the Garden 

by Cheryl Morgan

So I'm thinking now might be a good time to tell you all about the little people in the shed at the bottom of the garden.

Ruth, my daughter, thought that it would be a great idea to have guinea pigs. I was not so sure. I knew how to look after rabbits, as I had several when I was a child but guinea pigs are completely different and I wasn't so sure.

Anyway, Ruth did tonnes of research about what they eat, how to care for them, and where the best place was to get them. We ended up driving an hour away to a guinea pig rescue. So cute, all the little piggies squeaking and squawking when we went in the sheds. Ruth (and I) fell in love with them. The lady who looked after them had 105 piggies the day we went. We stayed about 2 hours and came home empty handed. But that was good. We had a couple of weeks to purchase homes and runs and find a good place to get the dust free hay we needed  - then back to the rescue.

Another couple of hours and we had found Choco and Latte.
Ruth is so happy with them.

Choco is the quiet one. He's small and like a little teddy bear. He loves to have his fur brushed backwards. He is always first to the food, first for cuddles, and last back into his house when its time for bed. 

And this is Latte, twice the size of Choco, with one pink ear. He never wants a cuddle, or a brush, and always stays longest at the food. His belly is huge. But he will sit for hours and let you tickle him under his chin!

I love these little guys, and I wonder how long it will be before we have a trip back to the rescue!


8 comments:

  1. Hi they are so cute. I can just imagine you getting some more to join them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piggies are adorable. This morning I was feeding my downstairs critters. As usual, I was calling my birds "chickens" and my guinea pigs "Piggies". Kind of made me feel like a farmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO cute! I've never had the pleasure of owning a piggie, but I did have hamsters. I would love to get some guinea pigs someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and family have a couple of guinea pigs and they are now huge. I have had to look after them on occasion, but am not that fond of them, but the grandies love them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so SOOOOO cute! I love your piggies! They look so soft and sweet - cuddly and huggable! Thanks for sharing, T! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute. My second grand daughter and her partner have 2 guinea pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so sweet!!! 3 adorable cuties

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments. If you have any suggestions or questions, please leave us a comment here.